Saturday, November 27, 2010

Jaguar XJC Coupe Classic Seeks Hip Cat to Pose Alongside


Every car enthusiast has their obsessions. For some it's '50s Chevys or '30s Fords; for others it's Chargers or Beamers or just about anything else you can think of. For me, it's Jaguars. I don't know why exactly. Could it be because they're big, affordable British luxury cars with sporting pretensions? You know, Bentleys for the upper middle class.

And there's more. I don't think there's a Jaguar I don't like. I'm even a fan of the bloated, much maligned XJS of the '70s, '80s and even '90s. So surely I'd be interested in this black, mostly stock 1976 Jaguar XJC Coupe? Here's the thing:

Other than the colour, year and what we can derive of the car's condition from looking at the photos, there's really no information on this car. How many miles it's done, what modifications have been made etcetera. All things a potential buyer would want to know. And as a Jaguar aficionado, I know that '70s Jags are bad enough before you start tinkering with them.

So maybe I'll pass on this one (besides, Connecticut is a few thousand miles further away from me than I'd like). Though if you are a Jaguar fan and live close to Motorcars Incorporated's lot in Plainville, you can pick up this potential gem for just US$27,500 (€20,114). Not a bad haul for an old cat.

By Tristan Hankins

Link: Motorcars Inc


_______________________________GALLERY_______________________________