The standard Camry isn't exactly what you'd call an exciting car - well, unless the gas pedal and floor mats decide to do their thing and kick in, that is... But as you might imagine, this here SEMA-bound example is a totally different beast from your everyday Camry. First of all, it's only got two doors. And then there's that massive V8 engine lurking under the hood.
The special two-door Toyota Camry NASCAR Edition was developed by RK Collection (RKC) in cooperation with the Japanese firm's in-house Toyota Racing Development (TRD) division. The goal was to create a high-performance but completely street legal Camry with a NASCAR engine to demonstrate the connection between Toyota's production vehicles and its NASCAR program.
Inside, the car features custom leather-covered panels, power leather seats, SPEK gauges by Proparts and a powerful audio system. A four-point roll cage was also installed.
At the heart of the Camry concept is a TRD NASCAR V8 engine that measures 358 cubic inches and delivers 680 horsepower at 8500 RPM. The V8 is hooked up to a Tremic T-56 Magnum six-speed manual transmission with a Ram dual-disc street clutch.
In the handling division, the street-legal racer makes use of Camry modified Macpherson struts in the front and a Venza modified multi-link independent suspension in the rear.
Toyota said that after its debut at the 2010 SEMA Show, the RK Collection Camry NASCAR Edition can be seen during the NASCAR race weekend beginning November 12 at the Phoenix International Raceway.
RK Collection Toyota Camry NASCAR Edition Features
• RKC Custom made two-door 2010 Camry Body Sheet Metal
• RKC Custom Body Kit, Nose/Tail, Flare/Side Skirt/Spoiler
• RKC Custom Toyota Grill's
• RKC Custom Carbon Fiber Brake Ducts with Fog Lights
• RKC Custom TRD emblems
• TSW Jarama 20X8.5 Front - 20X10 Rear
• Michelin Pilot 245/35/20 Front – 285/20/30 Rear
• Custom Leather Covered Panels
• Custom Suede Headliner with Integrated Rear Tweeters
• Custom four-Point Roll Cage
• Custom Leather Covered Power Seats with Custom TRD Billet Logos
• Custom Billet Shifter
• Custom Dash with SPEK gauges by Proparts
• Air conditioning by Vintage Air
• Pioneer AVIC-2110BT DVD/NAV receiver
• Boston Acoustics
o Gt-275 75w x 2 Amps.
o Gt-475 75w x 4 Amp.
o Two- pair SR-60 two-way 6.5 Component Speakers
o 1 G212-44 12' Subwoofer
• TRD NASCAR Engine-V8 Configuration
- Displacement- 358 cubic inches
- Power- 680 HP @ 8500 RPM
- Bore/Stroke - 4.185 inch/3.25 inch
- Oil System- five-stage dry sump
• Custom Wilson Throttle Body Injection
• Motec Engine Management
• Custom Fluidyne radiator
• RKC Custom Header
• RKC Custom Air Intake with K&N Filters
• RKC Custom A/C Mounts
• Quicktime Bell Housing
• Custom Ram Dual Disc Street Clutch
• Tremic T-56 Magnum 6-Speed
• RKC Modified Camry Sub frame
• D2 Coil Over Struts
• Custom Lower Control Arms
• Speedway Engineering 1 ¼ Splined Sway Bar
• Woodward Power Rack
• Wilwood 14.25 Rotors
• Brembo six-piston GT Calipers/ radial Mounted
• Modified 2010 Vensa Sub frame with Lexus SC-430 Differential
• SC-430 Differential with TRD Locker
• Custom Adjustable Control Arms
• Custom Driveshaft and Axles from The Driveshaft Shop
• D2 Coil over
• Wilwood 14' Rotors
• Brembo 4-Piston GT Calipers radial Mounted
• Custom three-inch Exhaust with X-Pipe
• Thrush Mufflers
• Quicktime Performance Cut Out
• Custom Side Exhaust Tips
• High Temp Turbo Black Coating by H.M. Elliott INC.
• Fluidyne high Performance
• Michael Waltrip Racing
• Michelin Tires
• Speedway Engineering
• Specialty Automotive Materials
• Toyota Racing Development
• Tremec Transmissions
• Vintage Air
• Wilwood Engineering
• Brown & Miller Racing Solutions